We sold over 40 betta fish as part of our Fish for a Wish campaign. This was a very successful fundraiser. Here are some pictures of newly formed friendships between the fish and their humans and their cozy new homes.
If you bought a betta fish from us, here are our instructions of proper fish care.
***Betta fish CANNOT be put directly in tap water from faucet**
- Purchase a tap water dechlorinator (water conditioner) from pet store OR
- Boil water and let it completely cool before putting fish inside OR
- Let water sit in tank for 24 hours to allow all chlorine to evaporate before putting fish inside.
- TANKS MUST BE KEPT BETWEEN 78-82°F (be careful in winter!)
- Betta fish are excellent jumpers so only fill water level to 80%
- Feed fish twice a day for no more than 3 minutes at a time. After 3 minutes, clean remaining food
- from tank as some betta fish will overeat to the point of death.
Cleaning Your Tank:
- Tanks should be cleaned once a week
- Do not use soap to clean tank, only hotwater
- Put betta fish in cup of old water while you are cleaning the tank
QUESTIONS???? Contact City Zoo at (509) 525-1160
Located at 2304 Eastgate North Street (near Albertsons/Joann’s/Staples).
Thank you for supporting GlobeMed at Whitman and we hope you enjoy your new friend!